Welcome to My Blog

As childhoods go, mine was pretty great. I had everything I needed in regards to food, clothing and shelter. My mom was an SAHM, or homemaker as it was called then. College was expected and supported. After graduating with a BA degree, I had a fairy tale wedding with my college sweetheart.

Three babies--for which I never had the opportunity to be an SAHM--later, I found myself in executive management and divorced. Never willing to give up, I carved out a second career from my passion for writing, bought my first car and first home on my own dime and forged ahead. Several years ago my father was diagnosed with cancer. Being there for my mom and dad during those difficult days, on a day-to-day basis, was both the most difficult time of my life and one of the most precious.

Today, my mom lives with us, the boys are nearly grown, their stepdad and I have passed the 10-year milestone, I have two published children's books with another in production and I have a best friend in my life. I haven't had a best friend since childhood. I'm not taking about Hubby, but rather a best GIRL friend. She and her husband and Hubby and I are also best COUPLE friends. I don't know how I got along without her, or how Hubby and I got along without them.

Life is still hectic. There's plenty of activity. But I'm bound and determined to enjoy every moment of hectivity that comes along. Welcome to my blog!

Comments