No-Name Pumpkin Deliciousness...HELP!

While helping out at a fundraiser this week, I was asked to bake a dessert. The coordinator handed me a recipe and told where to find all the ingredients. After reading through the recipe, I decided to snap a picture of it with my phone so I could replicate it at home, as it sounded amazingly delicious. It was also relatively easy.

A pan of pumpkin deliciousness.
After five hours cooking, cleaning and otherwise helping out, I left to pick up my son. We then headed to the store, where I picked up what I’d need to make the dessert. I thought it would go well with the stew I’d brought home from the fundraiser. When we returned home, I unpacked our groceries and pulled out my phone. I looked for the picture of the recipe, but it was gone.

This was not the first time my smartphone had eaten one of my pictures. I took a picture of the amazing cheesecake I made for my mom’s birthday last week, but when I uploaded all the images from the birthday lunch, the cheesecake photo was the only one that had disappeared. In place of each missing picture in my media folder was a placeholder icon. The icon looks like a gray box with a drawing of a Polaroid snapshot of mountains next to a sketch of a piece of film. It’s as if my phone was saying, “Here’s where that picture you wanted would have been located had I not eaten it.”

What is the name of this
amazingly yummy dessert?

Considering the two pictures it ate were dessert related, I’m thinking my smartphone has a bit of a sweet tooth. Once I realized I no longer possessed the recipe, I panicked. I began rushing around from room to room looking for paper and a pen. When I finally found my writing utensils, I started scribbling everything I could remember about the recipe. The only thing I was unsure about was the name. So, if this sounds familiar, please share the name of this delicious, calorie-laden, melt-in-your-mouth, scrumptiousness of a dessert.

I mixed one can of pure pumpkin—the small can, not the big one—with one can of condensed milk, three eggs, one and a half cups of sugar, half of a teaspoon of salt and three teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. Once that was mixed together, I poured it in a greased lasagna pan. Then I sprinkled a box of yellow cake mix evenly on top of the pumpkin mixture. On top of that I sprinkled a little over a cup of chopped pecans. Then I drizzled two melted sticks of butter over everything. I carefully placed the lasagna pan into my oven, which was preheated to 350 degrees. I let it bake for 40 minutes. Then I let it sit and cool just a bit, so as to not burn the roof of my mouth.


My kitchen smelled like an autumn bakery. And it wasn’t all that difficult. I made it after a day of cooking, cleaning and running errands. But I’m at a loss. I have no name for this great tasting dessert. Please, someone must know what it’s called. If you are that someone, I’d be thrilled and honored if you could share it.

Micki Bare, mother of three, wife, writer, and content strategist is the author of Thurston T. Turtle books. 

Connect with Micki on Google+
Like Thurston T. Turtle on Facebook
Visit Micki’s website: http://www.inspiredscribe.com
Follow Micki on Twitter: @TurtleAuthor

YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY READING:
WINE WHINERS

Comments