Honoring Dad with New Camera



I'm all packed for my trip to Ecuador. My suitcases and carry on bag are stuffed to capacity. As I mentioned before, there are a couple of items I chose to leave off my packing list. One is my laptop and the other is my smartphone. The decision to leave the smartphone behind was a tough one, mostly because it takes higher quality pictures than any of our antiquated digital cameras. I inherited the gene that makes it impossible for me to go anywhere or do anything without chronicling it with photos from my father. I'm pretty sure everyone on my dad's side of the family has the same gene. It takes several refills on popcorn and a case of soda to get through the DVD compilation of everyone's photos and videos from our last family reunion.

Once I made the decision to leave the smartphone behind, I had to buy a new camera. It had to be at least as capable as my phone. Last week, my new camera arrived. To break it in and get the feel of it before my trip, I decided to wander around our yard and snap some photos. My dad took thousands of pictures of flowers and trees in his lifetime. He loved nature. So, in memory and honor of the man who gave me the gene that made it impossible for me to head to Ecuador without a brand new digital camera, here are some pictures taken just outside of our home.

Wine colored mums on the porch | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Wine-colored mums on our porch.

Baby Japanese Maple | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
New growth on our baby Japanese maple. 

Pretty Blue Fall Buds | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Pretty purple flowers that bloom in autumn.

Pink mums for the fire table | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Pink mums dressing up our fire table. 

Volunteers outside the flower box | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Volunteers growing outside the flower box.

Hubby's Out-of-Control Cactus | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Hubby's Out-of-Control Cactus.
Micki Bare, mother of three, wife, daughter & writer is the author of Thurston T. Turtle children's books. 
Email: mickibare (at) gmail.com
Connect with Micki on Google+
Like Thurston T. Turtle on Facebook
Follow Micki on Twitter: @TurtleAuthor
View Micki's pics on Instagram @mickibare


Comments