Five O'Clock Somewhere


Floating with Govino | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Floating on Friday at
Wine O'Clock
It's been a long week, after a very long month. I did not get a chance to tap into my creative writing powers much during the month of May. Rather, my energy was redirected into directing, stage managing, raising money, and dancing. After coordinating, marketing, and attending three fundraisers in between rehearsals and performances, the month concluded with record-breaking attendance at our RSVP production as well as record-breaking money raised--only slightly assisted by the efforts of Dr. Bill and me--for the Dancing With the Randolph Stars event. It was an honor to be involved with both events.

Both at the same time was more than overwhelming. 

RSVP Cast & Crew May 2014 | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
The Awesome & Amazingly Talented
Cast & Crew of RSVP Community Theater's
Production of Ted Swindley's hit Musical
"Always...Patsy Cline"

When asked when or if I would want to do either again, my reaction was the same for both. Each was like having a baby. Right now, I remember too much to feel like I could ever tackle either in the future. Then again, with time, the good memories will numb those weighed down by frustration and lack of sleep, and I will think back fondly on May 2014. When that happens, I'm sure I'll get caught up in more of the same, much to the chagrin of Hubby.
DWRS 2014 Dance Partners | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
Me and My Eye Doctor,
Dr. Bill Walker
After Waltzing to Metallica

For now, though, I'm still playing catch up. I rested a lot. I scrubbed my kitchen and cleaned out cabinets. My laundry is almost caught up. The week after has been nearly as overwhelming as the weeks leading up to that crazy last weekend of May. 

Therefore, I decided to engage in a little time travel. Since I'm done with this week and need to bid farewell to all the chaos lingering from May, I decided to reset my internal clock. For the rest of today, I switched to Newfoundland Standard Time (NFS). 

By switching, five o'clock gets here an hour earlier. And at five o'clock, I plan to be doing laps...in a floating chair...in my pool...with a plastic cup filled with red wine. So when everyone else is saying, "It's five o'clock somewhere!" I'll be raising my Govino and responding, "Yes, it is. Right here in my backyard."

Cheers!

Micki Bare, mother of three, wife, daughter & writer is the author of Thurston T. Turtle children's books. 
Email: mickibare (at) gmail.com
Connect with Micki on Google+
Like Thurston T. Turtle on Facebook
Follow Micki on Twitter: @TurtleAuthor
View Micki's pics on Instagram @mickibare

Comments