My Lack of Tomatoes


Buying Sauce Tomatoes | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
My last two boxes of purchased
tomatoes because I never
planed my own this year.
Maybe it is a control issue--I have been called controlling a time or two--but I like to make my own marinara. The process is soothing and the intimate knowledge of what's in my sauce alleviates fears of ingesting additives and preservatives that may or may not cause a myriad of illnesses. 

Add that to my lack of ability to effectively say no and we have arrived mid-summer with no tomatoes to show for it. Click here for the full account of my dilemma. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to cut up, puree, and simmer down my last 50 pounds of tomatoes secured via social media rather than my own garden.

And for the wisenheimers out there noting the tomatoes in the picture are not roma tomatoes, I'm well aware. But when you don't get around to planting your own, you simmer down what you can get. 

Micki Bare, mother of three, wife, daughter & writer is the author of Thurston T. Turtle children's books. 
Email: mickibare (at) gmail.com
Connect with Micki on Google+
Like Thurston T. Turtle on Facebook
Follow Micki on Twitter: @TurtleAuthor
View Micki's pics on Instagram @mickibare

Comments