NaNoWriMo 2014: West Coast Inspiration


My Current NaNoWriMo Word Count
UPDATE: As you can see from my counter icon above, I reached my goal again. The novel was not complete when I hit 50,000, but I validated my manuscript and met the challenge. Since then, I've written another 1500+ words. I'm going to continue to flesh out the story until it's told through its conclusion. I have another manuscript I will complete in December, as well. When January arrives, editing will be my priority, for in 2015, I intend to submit polished manuscripts to whomever will review them. 

Yes, I'm at it again. Last year I reached the coveted 50,000 words. That novel is currently being edited by yours truly. Meanwhile, November first arrived again. This year, I was in California on a Senior Adults Association excursion with my mom. An East Coast girl rises mighty early on the West Coast. The jet lag worked to my advantage as I began #NaNoWriMo2014 by squeezing in my daily word count goal before breakfast. 

Lake Tahoe | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare

The sights and sounds of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains are much sweeter knowing my daily writing goal was met before the group met for continental breakfast. 

Alcatraz | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare

The inspiration for this year's NaNoWriMo novel was Alcatraz and San Francisco. I look forward to returning to this beautiful part of our country someday. In the meantime, I'll stay connected through Benjamin, my main character. He grew up alone on the streets of San Francisco. Bad decisions land him in federal prison in Atlanta. We're five days in and the novel has already taken on a life of its own. 

Micki Bare, mother of three, wife, daughter & writer is the author of Thurston T. Turtle children's books. 
Email: mickibare (at) gmail.com
Connect with Micki on Google+
Like Thurston T. Turtle on Facebook
Follow Micki on Twitter: @TurtleAuthor
View Micki's pics on Instagram @mickibare
Copyright 2014 Michele Bare 

Comments