Travel Feet: Snowbird Edition


My feet were back at it recently when I decided to jump in my car and visit with my aunt and uncle. They live in Minnesota, but were vacationing in Florida. Their annual trip offered them a nice break from the snow and bitter cold. As it turned out, by visiting during this year's trip, I missed North Carolina's worst ice storm in years. But when it comes to family, you have to make sacrifices. If escaping power outages, ice-related damage, and Hubby, Ma & my youngest going without electronics for a few days—and the crabby side effects thereof—had to be the consequences for connecting with my aunt and uncle, than I was willing to pay the price. My feet paid right along with me.


Relaxing Feet | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
After leaving early to escape the ice storm, my
weary feet needed some rest overlooking a pool
in which they would never dip. I bet it was heated, too.

Historic Savannah | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
My left foot got a good look at the majestic
trees dripping with Spanish moss framing
the streets of Historic Savannah.

St. John the Baptist Cathedral feet | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
My toes rested in the park across from
St. John the Baptist Cathedral in Savannah, Ga.
My feet were very disappointed about not having
time to go inside and look around.

Gulf Coast Beach Feet | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
My feet forgave me for lack of time in Savannah
as they relaxed in the soft Indian Shores sand
on the Florida Gulf Coast.

Blogging Hearts | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
My feet did have to work during the trip.
They captured heart shapes in the sand at
Clearwater Beach, Florida.

Gulf Sunset Feet | Navigating Hectivity by Micki Bare
After long days frolicking along the
Gulf Coast, my feet enjoyed the beautiful sunsets.
Micki Bare, mother of three, wife, daughter & writer is the author of Thurston T. Turtle children's books. 
Email: mickibare (at) gmail.com
Connect with Micki on Google+
Like Thurston T. Turtle on Facebook
Follow Micki on Twitter: @TurtleAuthor
View Micki's pics on Instagram @mickibare
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY READING:
Families First Monthly

Comments